Welcome to the London Architecture Diary, your essential guide to architecture exhibitions and events taking place across the city, brought to you by New London Architecture.
The Residence is a live site, on which Bellway is building over 500 brand new homes as part of the wider Nine Elms on the South Bank regeneration scheme. To celebrate LFA, Bellway is opening its doors at The Residence, so people can view a live building site and talk to the architects behind the development's design - and witness first hand how these are coming to fruition. The development consists of two buildings, which are at different stages of build, which gives a better insight into what goes into creating new homes.
Nine Elms on the South Bank is creating one of London's biggest new communities, and Bellway is a large part of that with this site. The new development will integrate and flow with the surrounding developments, and the new Linear Park that will run from Vauxhall station to Battersea Power Station. This event will show people how, at every stage of planning, community is at the forefront of developing new homes.
The event will allow all those with an interest in architecture, art and development to learn more about building a residential development, and how, at every stage of planning, community is at the forefront of developing new homes.
- Be the first to view inside the site
- Speak to the architects and MaT's Gallery involved in this flagship project
- Learn how a residential development is created from the planning stage
- Witness first-hand how this site is developing
- Visual displays from architects’ plans & CGIs of how the development will look
- Understand how the development is incorporating Art and Culture
- Hear about the history of the former Christie’s Auctioneers site
- You will then be given the opportunity to go outside to see the building site on the viewing platform.
- Light refreshments will be available on the day.
To register email email@example.com
More info on The Residence here.